Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

PUNDLIK- Driver with Dyers Stone Lime Company, Katni

I have in another blog described about my job with Dyers Stone Lime Company during February, 1959-June 1959; https://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.com/2018/10/my-jab-as-chemist-with-dyers-stone-lime.html
Here, I would like to give an interesting episode which happened over there.
I had a small but self sufficient and well organized Chemical Laboratory with all the necessary equipments and chemicals required for the analysis of the materials required by the company.
Mr. Pundlik was the company,s driver mainly with the manager of the company , Mr Pinto Rosario . Each morning after driving Mr Rosario to the office, without any fail, he will come and visit me with a big salute and he was quite respectful and well behaved person for me. Always ready to help me for anything.
I needed lot of distilled water for my lab work, though I used to get some quantity from the market but normally, I used to get it each day with my distillator installed in the lab.
One fine morning, Pundlik came with a load of Mahuwa - a flower used to make wine from it and asked me to put it in the distillator to make wine out of it. I politely refused to oblige him as it was not proper and legal to do that. I explained him it will smell all over in the offices including manager,s office. He was not happy about it and asked me repeatedly that I must do it or I have to do it ; He almost threatened me for the consequences if I do not do it for him. I was scared and reported to the manager , Mr Rosario, then told that he is one of the notorious gangman in the city and around, they recruited him not only as driver but also as the security guard for the officials of the company as they travel a lot from place to place. With his presence in the vehicle and in the office, we all are safe and I should oblige him. I called Pundlik and I put the stuff in the distillator , next morning he collected his stuff and he was very happy and thankful;


. Whole office premesis was smelling with toxicating smell of Mahuwa.
I just thought that it is not only political parties recuit this kind of people even private companies do with specific purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment