Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sachin

Yesterday, Sachin told that he has resigned from TCS to join EXPEDIA , a new job in USA.He was very happy on the new development. He wanted it , he got it, so there is a reason to be happy. I do not have here any comments to write except that is it. A success story of Shri Ladli Prasad Bansal , from no where to some where. I wanted him to fish in the open wider ocean where you have an opportunity to have big catch of big and variety of fishes. At certain point, he wanted to be in the dirty pond of limited opportunity, ( not even in the fresh water lake ) however, timely rescued to remain in the ocean. He is now back in the great Lakes of USA of fresh water from the ocean . Still OK , as he knows now as what is what and he can always manage to jump from one opportunity to another and also the support and confidence of Surbhi. Sachin ( Born on 12th. September, 1979 )is the youngest child and only son of Rajendra Bansal and brother of three sisters. He was certainly groomed by his grand father who loved him the most and had very high expectations from him.
It was July 2002 when I visited India. I went to visit Saharanpur as Rajendra was quite sick and weak; very sentimental and worried about Sachin, s career and job etc.He was looking for an opportunity for Sachin as mechanical engineer with the help of my sources and resources ( Anil Garg , one of them ). His own awareness about the recent trend of job market was limited , obviously because of his limited exposure. I have to do some ground work to motivate the young mechanical graduate just graduating from an engineering college in Karnataka ( BIET, Davangere ) ; not very clear about the wider job market and opportunities in the field of Information Technology. He was going after management courses- MBA programme, no doubt very lucarative but it is not for every one and not any where. IT was/is the open and wider field of vast expansion and opportunities for any one. I remember, I have to explain him the concept of the historical development of modern human society from Homosepians-Ago-Society-Industrial society after scientific revolution - to now INFORMATION SOCIETY. I was trying to convince that the future is to enter any aspect of IT to be successful in the career and life , now fast growing Information Society. He was not convinced initially but I continued to encourage and motivate him through phone calls and e-mails etc.I do not remember as how after wasting some time ( about six months or so ) got convinced about IT and joined the recommended C-DEC course at Pune ( completed the course in 2003 ) . Thank God, he came to the right track , it was a great relief to me and I was happy that I did my job to the satisfaction of Rajendra. His father was also relieved from the worries of Sachin,s job and career etc.Rest is the long story , perhaps my e-mail messages to Sachin , phone conversations etc. may reveal the whole story of my continuous persuation and motivation for certain things to do and others not to do.
Well adapting IT from Mechanical Engineering , itself was a great noteable change, the rest of the later part, switching the job to TCS and getting married to Surbhi- a very reasonable girl are just the sequences or consequences of one single development.
Later in 2005, on my next visit to India, I advised Rajendra not to go for traditional marriage system of our region, for local references and dowery etc. but for a good girl and good family try through matrimonial advertisement etc It is time to do that for the marriage of Sachin. He agreed to the basics of it and rest of it is the result of that effort- a good girl, Surbhi with a much better family background of his own.

1 comment:

  1. Your memory is sharp and accurate. I too can't believe myself to be here- if you were not present in Saharanpur, in the summers of 2002. I guess it was my fate which turned things accordingly and planned your visit to my house just a week before I was leaving for Delhi. Having said that, one point which I always tell Surbhi: I just do my job without enjoying it may be because of the blood of Bhaiji. I still still wanted to do MBA course... but anyways, I am thankful to God, you and Papa for giving me a well settled comfortable life. Though my dreams and desires were much bigger...

    ReplyDelete