Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My First Job as a Teacher

After passing my B.Sc.(Physics, Maths and Geology ) from BHU, I could not get admission to my desired subject ( Geology, Geophysics and Law ) in 1958, I was looking for a job. I went to Ajmer for a job with DAV Inter College ( my visit to Ajmer , Khuwaja,s Durgha and Puskar ji ). In December 1958, I got a volunteer job with S.J. Inter College, Gajraula (Moradabad).I was given a room of 8x8x10 without any ventilation, windows, plastered walls or finished floor ( floor was only sandy) within the school,s campus and I was the only person living there. I used to go out to the farms for toilet, bath at the well outside the school campus, my breakfast, lunch and dinner etc. at a dhaba near railway station. My life was simple and regulated with no complaints what so ever. I was teaching Science, Maths and casually English to High school students. I enjoyed my teaching and students were very happy and satisfied. I became very popular among the students and colleagues.Management of the school was mainly Vaid ji and his son from  Gajraula village who established the school.Vaid ji,s son was headless person and he once came to the school and humiliated me before the students. I decided to leave the place and started looking for another job. I got a paid job as a chemist and left the place. Read about my next job; chemist.html.http://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.ca/2010/07/my-job-as-chemist.html My students and colleagues were really sad on my departure. In such a short period of a month, I got so much love and affection from them.
Every place gives some experience. I got very rich experience of living in such a substandard place with very poor lodging and boarding conditions though enjoyed my teaching. Got first hand experience as how these private schools run like a commercial venture with thumb rule kind of management and fraudulent practices..
It was a very good assignment , without any perks but with rich experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment