Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

Introduction; Blogging course; Assignment #1

I am Davendra K Gupta, now a retired person live in Canada since 2000.
I was born in a small town , JHALU (Bijnor), Uttar Pradesh, India in 1938. My town is a kind of village with a population of about 8,000 then in 1930s with meager facilities of basic things like education, health , transport and infrastructure.Had a junior High School with Hindi and Urdu Language mediums only ; no health facility of any kind; no good roads in the town and connecting town with other towns and hence no road or rail transport facilities for traveling; no electricity.
It was really hard to live and get education or to do anything meaningful over there. From this town to another town ...., I have been going to various places for my education without any guidance and mentoring as what to do in life. I was not alone in this situation , this was the fate of all the children born in this town; almost no education for the girls except for a few up to primary school only. Any how I completed my education from the most prestigious University in India , Banaras Hindu University in 1961; I got my M.Sc, Degree in a very special subject in those days- GEOPHYSICS;
I started my career as a teacher of a secondary school, then as a Chemist , later as Geophysicist and Documentalist with ONGC ;  , finally I retired as a Professor teaching Library and Information Science  courses at various levels in Nigeria (West Africa) University of Ibadan , Ethiopia ( East Africa ), Addis Ababa University,
Married in 1961 and I always moved with my family ( my wife, son and daughter ) to all the places of my working; I got vast and varied experience of living and working in various places, situations and communities in India and in Africa, Later , after my retirement, living in USA and Canada.
I got opportunity to interact with different people all over.
Traveled to Singapore, Indonesia, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Lesotho, France, UK, Switzerland, Italy, Canada, and USA ,  
During all these years of my life, I have gathered very rich experience from various communities, cultures, places and situations. I wish to share this with my friends, relatives and others who may benefit from it.They may learn from my mistakes and from experience and knowledge , can easily apply in their practical life.
I especially want to cover topics on Social Capital and Spirituality and Destiny etc. I have already written some of my blogs on these topics and got good feedback. I hope that people will certainly benefit from the writings in my blogs.
I look forward to write more and more and expect good feedback from my readers and followers.

1 comment: