Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2022

My childhood Memories; Seth Saifulla, Rafiq, Shafiq and Azizul Nabi, BOMBAY Visit in 1958;

 Seth Shafiullah , perhaps left Jhalu for Bombay  in his childhood in early 1930s; He was from ordinary Barber family of the town. His son Rafiq was my classmate upto primary education.later he also left for Bombay. Seth had three wives, two used to live in Jhalu and one in Bombay .we were his family friends.

It was 1958 , August , after my B.Sc. went to Bombay to attend my interview for a job with Western Railway at Church Gate  Railway Station office . I stayed with my friend , Rafiq and his family . They had a small residence in a multi- story Building, KULSUM Terrace near most famous Taj Hotel. Seth and Rafiq had a very nice and big  "TAJ SALOON" with ten serving chairs in COLABA, Bombay. (Shafiq , younger brother of Rafiq had his own Saloon , somewhere in Colaba area. Rafiq,s mother was very loving and  caring person.She insisted me that I must eat with them but I was hesitant being a vegetarian. Rafiq took me to a restaurant and asked them to provide me only with vegetarian meal. But to my surprise, I found a bone in my vegetables. They told, that they use the same serving spoon for veg and non-veg food . For the rest of my stay in Bombay, I took my food with Rafiq,s family. I fully enjoyed my stay with them. In spare time , I used to sit with Rafiq and Seth in their saloon. 

Rafiq introduced me with Azizul Nabi, my another classmate upto middle school, he was running a Taxi. He took me all around Bombay during my stay in Bombay. He will take me along with his passengers and drop me at some interesting point like Chowpati, Juhu, Hanging Garden etc. and will collect me to drop me at another point. Thus my friend gave me free ride and shown me whole Bombay. How nice of him. I do remember the facitivities of Ganesh Pooja in Bombay and Ganesh Visarjan in Chowpati.

I left my contact with them since long. They and their families must be living in Colaba, Bombay happily. I wish them well.

2 comments:

  1. Very good to know that you still remember the name of the building KULSUM TERRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. यादगार

    ReplyDelete