Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

MY CAR WAS STOLEN FROM THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS


My Subaru Car was Stolen from the University Campus.
It was evening when I visited our friend Prof Patel near the University club. Left my family in their House and I went to the University club, parked my car and went to visit Prof Martha, our External Examiner from USA. just after a few minutes, when I came back , I found that my car  is gone. Dr Anil Jain was also there with Prof. Patel,s family. He took me to nearby concerned police station , filed the theft report. Police officer told us that forget about getting it back, it has already crossed the border to reach Ghana- a short distance and travelling time hardly an hour. Also that it is very common practice to take the stolen cars to Ghana and cannibalize them for spare parts - so they completely vanish.
It is normally done by auto mechanics as they get duplicate keys when some one leaves the car with them for repairs or maintenance services. Well, my friends and well wishers came to sympathize with me as it was a total loss  because of no insurance for theft ( I never thought that my old car would be stolen from campus) ; though I never felt about the loss- just a material loss ..
The Principal of Immaunuel College of Theology- Sushma,s Boss was so sympathetic that even without our asking he immediately granted the car loan and we bcould buy  another car just after a few days. In Nigeria also like USA/Canada , it is difficult to move around for anything, dropping children in their school, going for  job, dropping Sushma for her job, for shopping etc.
Great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment