Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

PERSONS meeting who felt eerily familiar : An interesting episode

I was living and working in Nigeria; Living on the University of Ibadan Campus in a two bed rooms apartment.
There, once ,I met Prof. S.P.Jain, who came there as an external examiner of Anatomy students of UI Medical College. Prof, Jain was the teacher of our  very good family friend , Dr. Swarup who was a faculty in the Department of Anatomy , I knew Prof Jain through him only  ). Prof. Jain was a wonderful personality ( MS (Surgery, MS ( Anatomy ) and MD etc.) , later we enjoyed his pleasant and affectionate company in Ethiopia also while I was working with Addis Ababa University.
Prof. Jain was staying in the Univerisity Guest House for this visit.
Kr. Jitendra Singh, a teacher of Physics was a very good friend , teaching in some school in Ibadan. He used to visit us almost on daily basis. Before coming to Nigeria, he has been teaching in Ethiopia. Perhaps Prof. Jain was also teaching in some medical college in Ethiopia when K J.Singh was over there. They used to meet occasionally over there, so they knew each other. Prof. Jain by his personal traits is very simple, disciplined, pleasant and social person.
I mentioned to KJ Singh that I am going to meet Prof Jain in the guest house , knowing about him, he told that he knows him very well from Ethiopia and he would also like to meet him. He accompanied me to the guest house . KJSingh introduced himself as very well known person to him from Ethiopia. Without giving any thought Prof Jain asked his welfare , about his children and many normal questions as he knew him personaaly and treated him very well.
Next day, I visited Prof  Jain again , then he asked me that who was the person KJ Singh , who came alongwith you? I was surprised about it and asked him that you talked to him in such way that you knew him personally and so well. He very simply and humbly replied that I have to act that way if a gentleman has come to visit me and introducing himself as very well known to him. He has to reciprocate in the same manner. He really could not recollect  anything about KJ Singh.
It looked to me an interesting episode of dramatization , communicating with an unknown person as a very well known person in a very normal way.
Later in Ethiopia when I was in close contact with Prof Jain, I knew many of his personal traits especially as a perfect communicator. He must be a very good teacher of his medical students  but I learnt very useful aspects of Social communication  and as how to develop social capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment