Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2019

My Nani; My last visit to my Nani

I do not remember the exact date or time etc when I visited my Nani in Chandpur last time . However, I do remember a few things which are quite emotional, heart touching and now  I do regret for some of them.
I went to meet her by evening train , reaching Chandpur at about 8 PM or so and returned the same night by 11;45 or so. Nani has shifted from her long time residence upstairs where I lived with her to a smaller place downstairs where mama ji ( Hakim Ajoodhiya Prasad ji ) used to live and sleep. It was for obvious reasons as she was not able to live and support herself by herself and was unable to live independently. Her physical and mental health were deteriorating every day .A family of a retired policeman ( Dewan ji) was taking her good care for her daily routine .
It was dark and Nani was taking rest and preparing to sleep when I reached there. Dewan ji,s wife told her about my arrival and she asked me very rightly as " Why I have come?" . Later when I told her that I am going back by the night train, she was very much annoyed and told me that why not I should go back now and immediately  and what was the necessity to come and visit her at all. I knew that it would have been very inconvenient for me and all others at that place if I would have stayed back as there was no enough place for me to stay. She did not talk to me much as she was annoyed and she was also not in her  proper senses.
To day when I recall this and analyse the incident, I regret for my own behaviour and pity on her helpless situation . I do not know as what could have been better for me to do any thing for the person who loved me the most.
After some time when Dewanji,s family was unable to look after any more , she moved to live with our family at Jhalu where she died after some time. What a tragic end of nani. I wonder as what happened to all her belongings in Chandpur. She had no other purpose to live a life except to look after all of us ( myself, Lakshmi, Gultoo, Santosh and Virendra ). We all lived at different times for our education with her when she was healthy and took care of all of us. In return, I do not think that any of us did anything any time for her . She left very heavy debt on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment