Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

My Freind: Dr. Braham Swarup

Dr. BRAHAM SWARUP:



It was December 1976 when I reached Nigeria, Ibadan, to work with the University of Ibadan ( Department of Library Studies) as Lecturer II . I was staying with my family ( Sushma, Sameer and Sapna) in Hotel Influential near Makola . I had already contacted two persons before coming to Nigeria: Dr. B. Gupta - a very popular Bengali doctor in Ibadan who replied to my letter very promptly and in great details. She became a very useful reference to me by shear name of GUPTA; she was so popular that where ever, I went, she acted as very good reference for me as people related me with Dr Gupta as we are relations. Second person was ARVIND GOYAL - a research student of the Department of Physics ( a son of Prof. Goyal, professor of Law in the University of Ahmedu Bello University, Zaria ). He also replied very promptly in detail and he was the first person to meet us in our hotel ). He took us to Dr. Swarup,s house on Campus and thus that was our first contact on campus. His house became a frequent place to visit for us for the rest of our stay in Ibadan. Dr. Swarup became a very good friend of mine- very dependable, sincere, helpful, witty, knowledgeable etc.Prof. Swarup was a professor of Anatomy in the College of Medicine , University of Ibadan.He was very social and anatomical in all his dealings. He had five daughters, Manisha ( now in Gwalior) , Namita ( now in Cleaveland, USA) , Kavita ( now in Canada, Toronto ), Manjri ( now in Tornto, Canada) and Mukta ( now in Bangalore, India ); It appears to me as he was with a mission to have these daughters, and the rest for their development.

No comments:

Post a Comment