Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

My life and my Destiny 1

When young, I never realized many facts of the life as there was no time to look back and assess the events of life. As usual, most people are busy in making the career., looking after the family and extended family ; busy at job and many such things. It is the retirement when, you are free from such activities and you have time to go back and look into past happenings and analyse them with new perspectives and perceptions with cumulative knowledge and experience through all these years of life.
I feel that my life was guided and shaped perfectly by my destiny especially after 1953. I passed my High School Examination with good scores . Having no more facility for science education in Hindu Inter College, I decided to go DehraDun to study Science for my Intermediate Examination at DAV College- one of the best school around in those days. I had no guides, mentors or consulars and my parents and family members were not capable to guide me for my education and career. Who decided to choose DAV College for my further education? my destiny !!! I was living in Pooran  Ashram (Hostel on the campus ) sharing the room with Satya Prakash Agrawal from Jwalapur - a very serious and brilliant student. My grandfather, Shri Har Prashad ji once came from Muzaffarnagar to visit me and guided and directed me to change the subjects from Biology to Physics and was switched over to Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics Group as he thought it would provide me wider opportunity for my career instead limiting myself only for medical career with Biology group. My course of career was changed for ever. Destiny guided my grandfather to visit me and advised me, rather forced me to change the courses. The College was good with very good teachers who cared about good students and especially about me. Laboratories were good. The education was of very high quality. I was satisfied with my education and environment and rest of the things. I made some very good friends in a very short period. I liked the place and I wished if I could live here for ever. ( Perhaps, GOD listened to me and kept in mind for some other time; Later in 1961, I got the job with ONGC with its Head Quarters in DehraDun ). If I would have continued over here, my career and life would have been different. But, my Destiny changed the course of my life again.

Some times in Late August, I got a letter from the Principal of Hindu Inter College that they have started Science courses over there and I must join back the college. Thinking that I will enjoy to live at home with my Nani who loved and cared for me so much, without any second thought , I came back to Chandpur .  This changed the course of life again- the DESTINY. This new environment for science courses did not provide appropriately good education and motivation and hence lost my scores to second division mainly based on my memory not understanding the concepts properly ( not realized at that time ).

Joined Meerut College for my B.Sc. I have separately written about a loss of my year education over there: Read that blog here; It was designed by my destiny to leave this college and place for some other program in its plan for future. Having no reasonable idea as why should I go to BHU for my further education, I went there. why ?? Even my friends and parents asked me as why should I go to BHU? I did not know for sure?? Even , my attempt to seek admission to BHU was half-hearted; In-spite of the fact that my admission would be cancelled if I did not deposit the fee in time, I paid only some amount , a fraction of the fee, not full.I did not like Chemistry, so I decided to take any other combination without Chemistry. The best option was Physics, Mathematics and Geology ( known popularly in BHU as PMG group.) Knowing nothing about Geology, I chose this subject but in the first and orientation class Prof Mukherjee told as what we have to study in Geology and had shown the Books, Holms Physical Geology, ........ for all the various branches of Geology; It was so scaring that I went back to College office to change it for any other subject but College office refused not to make any changes at this time. All the programmes were finalized by then. Destiny decided to go for this group. Perhaps, preparing me for Geophysics as PMG was the requirement of admission for post graduate programme in Geophysics.
The story is getting longer, I passed my B.Sc. in 1958; continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment