Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

My grandfather; Shri Ram Swaroop Mal jee (Bhagatjee )

The father of my grandfathers was a visionary and very forward looking man . He was known for several things /changes brought  to the family;
1. Changed the tradition of Daal Roti replacing with Kachodee, Puree etc. during the major festivals ;
2. He wanted that his children must receive highest education; the result was that Baba Behari Lal jee was a graduate Civil Engineer from Thomson College of Engineering ( later known as Roorkee University and now IIT )  and honourably retired from State Services as Executive Engineer - a very difficult thing  to achieve during those days; Shri Har Prasad jee had his Matriculation ( now known as High School); I t was not easy for any one to get educated during those days as our town had very limited facility of Primary school with Urdu Medium; How my grandfathers got their education out of the town is another big story. This tradition continued that my grandfather wanted all his sons to be properly and professionally educated; My father went to Agra Medical School , my uncle did his B.Sc. with first Div and joined Civil Service, another uncle went to Thomson College of Engineering and joined MES;
3. Very wisely , he distributed his wealth and property according to the ability of his chidren; Almost nothing to my own grandfather , knowing fully well that he can develop of his own and he did; nothing to Babab Behari Lal jee; half of his wealth went to Baba Chhangi Mal jee, he established his workable business ; half of it to Baba Jagan Nath Prasad jee; and nothing to Baba Har Prasad jee.
My own grandfather was not educated; never knew how to read and write but very wise man  with very good intelligence and management skills. He developed his wealth and property in a very wise manner.
Being the first child in my generation in the family, I was very priviledged person. I got the love, affection, care and attention of every person within the family and outside. My grandfather spent lot of time with me explaining many things with facts and logic. Some of them, I would like to share here with you;
About FESTIVALS: He explained that besides religious beliefs, our festival are arranged according to the society and their living environment that is why they are celebrated differently in different places and in different way. Festivals in our region are based on agriculture and local weather conditions. In those days, roads were not there, if some of them were there , they were in very poor conditions; means of transport were very limited not like now ; rivers without having bridges were difficult to cross even in normal days , not at all possible during raining season. Most of the population was living in villages or small towns, urban population was very low; the living conditions were very hard, I have written in anothe blog about my own town and during my own chiildhood days;https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=7434278182063497637#editor/target=post;postID=8136542096939563207;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=7;src=postname
festivals thus celebrated acoording to local conditions, weather and mainly agriculture;
1. HOLI: major festival , known as festival of colours ; comes at the end of winter season , main crop of wheat and gram etc. is ready for harvesting 

No comments:

Post a Comment