Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Regret; खेद, ; my younger brother

One of my younger brother is left behind all of us for whatever reasons.
At time, I wondered as how he is going to manage his day to day affair when he took voluntary retirement from a dying corporation. He must have got some savings, some money in his CFP and other benefits etc. but that money will loose its value in future and making it worthless. Not that it will loose its value, even that will not be enough. One can see it now as the value of money in 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010 and now simply paper.
I was worried about his old age when he will need more resources for the health problems which are bound to come to all of us. Medical expenses for medicines, medical procedures in hospitals and time to time check ups are huge and they would not be covered by the corporation which is already dead, not existing at all.
For the children, son and daughter , it is not easy to support the parents from their limited income and means and managing the affairs of their own families. They can support their parents only if they have health coverage for their parents from their employers.
During 1970s , I had good relationships with the management of ONGC , even later after I left ONGC, I had very good contacts ( even some of my colleagues became the part of management), I could have easily fixed him  in some job/position according to his qualifications and experience . The main advantage could have been the medical support for his family for the rest of his life- a big relief.
Just like many other things, it never occured to me to act in that direction and I add another regret in the list of my regrets of life.
In a previous blog, I wrote regret not doing any thing for my parents;https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=7434278182063497637#editor/target=post;postID=3648407691673034737;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=5;src=postname

No comments:

Post a Comment