Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2018

Har Prasad ji : Baba ji, Dadi ji (BOBO)

In my another blog, I have written the history of my family giving all the facts, I could know from my elders;https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=7434278182063497637#editor/target=post;postID=3162980977026679503;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=2;src=postname

In that blog, I wrote in short about one of my gradfather,s younger brother - youngest brother as following:

Shri Har Prasad Vaish , the youngest of grandfather,s  brother lived in Muzaffarnagar as his wife, Dadi ji  ( popularly known as BOBO) from Dadri was the only child of her parents and she inherited property in Muzaffarnagar. Baba ji was educated, high school , used to speak good English ( how and where was he educated ????); He was a civil contractor; both Dadi ji and Babaji were excellent persons and very social , affectionate and caring people. They were quite visible all over during all the occasions/celebrations  of the family.They had three daughters=Indira ji, Kamla ji and Ramla ji; Indira Buwa ji was married to an engineer, Shri Jai Prakash Agrawal , son of shri (Master) Ram Nivas ji in Bijnor, later settled in Jabalpur. Ramla ji and Kamla ji also settled in Muzaffarnagar after the death of Babaji. He was great man and we have yet to see a person of his style in our family. I have several memories of my own experience with him. I will write them somewhere else.  It is time  now to write some thing about them:

Both of them were excellent persons with all standards. They were most visible persons not only in our family but among all their relations and friends. They were the persons who will take responsibilty by themselves;
1. Dadi jee will be the first person to arrive in all our social functions be it a marriage ceremony, or naming ceremony. She will take responsibility that all the guests are properly served at all the occasions- breakfast, lunch, dinner, milk for the children, their comfort and every thing , no body to blame the main host for any deficiencies and they were not there under her command and control; Her voice was heard every where.She was able and capable managing these affairs perfectly well ; and she was very strong link and coordinator in establishing the relationships among all the family members.
2. My younger brother Santosh had problem getting admission in M.Sc. (Chemistry) with the combination of Geology, Geography and Chemistry in B.Sc. as Agra University did not recognize this combination for M.Sc. Admission. When I failed to do anything in DehraDun and elsewhere, I casually mentioned to Dadi jee about it as I knew that she has lot of influence in Muzaffar Nagar. She immediately accepted the responsibilty and contacted the relevent people connected to College management. Management forced the Principal to admit him out of way and make an acceptable precedence for the University. Santosh stayed comfortably with her for a year during his M.Sc. previous before moving to DehraDun for final year. Commendable, what Santosh is to day with his M.Sc. degree in Chemistry, it is due to her efforts..
3, I do remember another incident when I took admission in first year of Intermediate in DAV College, DehraDun. He of his own initiative visited me in DehraDun and asked about the details of my study programme; discussed at length the prons and cons for the combination I had ( Biology group; Chemistry, Zoology and Botany  ) ; went to the Principal and asked him to change it to Chemistry, Physics and Maths without asking me or my parents. He used his own authority . Who can take such kind of step these days even for his own children? He was a good advisor and councellor .That was the kind of responsibilty and authority , people used to take then. relations were very informal and cordial ; I remember, I used to go and stay with them in Muzaffarnager  without any hasitation. or inhibition. Whole family was very affectionate and caring.
4. My M.Sc. education in BHU was partly financed by Babajee very informally and willingly. The help was offered by him not that we requested him to do so. Of course, I very gratefully tried to refund the whole amount he paid when I got my job with ONGC.
5. On the occasion of  matrimonial engagement, Dadi jee could not come to join my family. She sent Ramla Buwa jee to accompant the family to Aligarh ;
Both of them were most respected persons by all our family members.


No comments:

Post a Comment