Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2019

My friend Mr ELUVA (Friday C); incident 1; Sapna,s Home Passage

Mr Firday C Eluva was one of my very good Nigerian friend. He was our immediate neighbour on the ground floor in the block of flats on Amina Road on UI Campus, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. It was a lovely family with several children, Rose one of his eldest child and Victoria his lovely wife. Mr. Eluva was the Private Secretary to the Vice Chancellor in the University .
My daughter, SAPNA was studying in Raghunath Girls College , Meerut in India during 1984-86. Once Mr. Eluva asked me about her and her coming to visit us over here. I told him that we are entitled our passages to India every four years and to UK every two years, so she can visit us once in two years. He said no, she must visit every year during her vacation ; He himself drafted the letter , got my signature and finally got the sanction for special priviledged passage for her every year from the Vice Chancellor ( Prof.  Tekena Tamuno ). He was happy more than me.
When I took the sanction to the passage office- a section of Bursary, Mr. Balugun, the Passage Officer  was looking at it surprisingly and simply said annoyingly , he (VC) must be knowing as what he is doing , otherwise, she is not entitled to this. She has no entitlement of her own except that she enjoys the entitlement of her father only - as UI faculty.
Thanks to Mr. Eluva. Any one will do such kind of favour taking personal initiative ?
. I am fortunate having such friends all over. 

1 comment:

  1. first photo; Prof Tekena Tamuno, Vice chancellor of Uuiversity of Ibadan;
    other photographs of UI

    ReplyDelete