Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2019

My friend Mr ELUVA (Friday C); incident 3; Photocpying Machine

In my two previous blogs, I described two incidents involving my Nigerian Friend, Mr Eluva and about his care and concern about us;https://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-friend-mr-eluva-friday-c-incident-1.html;
https://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-friend-mr-eluva-friday-c-incident-2.html

This is another typical happening , I would like to describe here;Mr Eluva had a big family with several growing children; His own income - salary from the University was not enough therfore, his wife, Victoria has been doing some petty business to supplenent the income  to support the family. It was very hard way to earn some little money. As a friend,  I wanted to help him some easy way to earn more money to supplement his income and hence I got a business class, a big Photocopying machine for Mr. Eluva which he kept in one of the office of the Faculty of Education ( as he knew The Head of the Dept  and other people in the office); His sister-in-law was taking care of the work and business on the machine. I was taking care of the material - paper and ink etc.and keeping the account of income and expenditure etc.
It was doing good business as there was a great demand of photocopies by the students and the faculty on the campus. There were not many machines on the campus even in some of the departments as the machine was  new of its kind and quite expensive.
Some people got jaleous of Mr Eluva that he has been making good money out of this machine. One night those people broke into the office and stole the machine. Poor Eluva was lost, he was shocked and could not bear the loss , cried a lot. In fact the whole family was sad and shocked. Certainly, it was source of their supplementary income and making life little more comfortable. It was a great loss to him. I was equally sorry about this terrible incident. Though we recovered the cost of the machine during these few months but now the real future gain was lost. His poor luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment