Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2019

My friend Mr ELUVA (Friday C); incident 4: My farewell from Nigeria

after three out of many incidents with my Nigerian friend, Mr Eluva;
 https://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-friend-mr-eluva-friday-c-incident-1.html
https://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-friend-mr-eluva-friday-c-incident-2.html
https://shubhkamna-davendra.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-friend-mr-eluva-friday-c-incident-3.html,

here, I am describing very interesting and emotional incident.
In September 1988, I was leaving the University and Nigeria for good to join my new assignment with Addis Ababa University, Addia Ababa, Ethiopia.
My friend Mr Eluva was very sad for my leaving him, the University and Nigeria. One day, he came and cried aloud and sad that my dearest friend is leaving us and he and Victoria are very sad as they even do not have money to give a suitable gift to our departing friend; said further that Victoria is really very sad and does not even dare to come and see us. My friend and his wife are so sad and emotional, I was also shocked , went to his office and gave him enough money saying that being his good friend, I have the right to share his responsibility and feelings. He unwillingly accepted the money and I gave him a condition that he will not tell this to Victoria. This is just between us.
Victoria and Eluva came after a few days, they were very happy especially Victoria that they could manage some money and the gift. This kind of happiness can not be bought with money.
This was the kind of relationship we had; I think this was as per our prarabhadh that we met and enjoyed such kind of friendship.
Accompanied to the airport that evening were Mr. Eluva, Prof. PBL Goel and Godwin ( our house help, very quiet, sincere and hard working; I shall write about him separately).
Mr Eluva was almost crying. The biggest mistake, I did that I did not transfer my bank balance to Eluva as it was a waste after my departure from Nigeria. One of my regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment